Calculate the outliers of a set of numbers.
About Outlier Calculator
The Outlier Calculator is used to calculate the outliers of a set of numbers (Step by Step).
An outlier in a distribution is a number that is more than 1.5 times the length of the box away from either the lower or upper quartiles. Speciﬁcally, if a number is less than Q1 – 1.5×IQR or greater than Q3 + 1.5×IQR, then it is an outlier.
In descriptive statistics, the interquartile range (IQR) is a measure of statistical dispersion, being equal to the difference between the third quartile (Q3) and first quartile (Q1), that is, IQR = Q3 – Q1.
The first quartile, also called the lower quartile, is equal to the data at the 25th percentile of the data. The third quartile, also called the upper quartile, is equal to the data at the 75th percentile of the data.
There are several different methods for calculating quartiles. This calculator uses a method described by Moore and McCabe to find quartile values. The same method is also used by the TI-83 to calculate quartile values. With this method, the first quartile is the median of the numbers below the median, and the third quartile is the median of the numbers above the median.
Statistics And Data Analysis:
- Arithmetic Mean Calculator
- Average Calculator (High Precision) Featured
- Average Deviation Calculator
- Coefficient of Variation Calculator (High Precision)
- Compound Growth Calculator
- Confidence Interval Calculator
- Geometric Mean Calculator
- Harmonic Mean Calculator
- Interquartile Range Calculator
- Mean Absolute Deviation (MAD) Calculator Featured
- Mean Calculator (High Precision) Featured
- Mean Median Mode Calculator Featured
- Median Absolute Deviation Calculator
- Median Calculator
- Midrange Calculator
- Mode Calculator
- Outlier Calculator Featured
- Population Standard Deviation Calculator (High Precision)
- Quartile Calculator Featured
- Quartile Deviation Calculator
- Range Calculator Featured
- Relative Standard Deviation Calculator (High Precision) Featured
- Root Mean Square Calculator
- Sample Mean Calculator
- Sample Size Calculator
- Sample Standard Deviation Calculator Featured
- Standard Deviation Calculator (High Precision)
- Standard Error Calculator (High Precision) Featured
- Variance Calculator (High Precision) Featured